Development Engineer (Focus: Cable Assemblies and Connectors) (f/m/d)
Ludwigsburg, Baden-Württemberg, GermanyEngineering @instagrid
As a Development Engineer (Focus: Cable Assemblies and Connectors) (f/m/d) you are involved in the design of our products right from the beginning by being part of our interdisciplinary and intercultural engineering team. You team up with electrical and mechanical engineers to create the best solutions for interconnections between assemblies inside and outside our devices. You will be responsible for selecting proper wire gauges, cable styles and connectors according to internal requirements and relevant product standards. This responsibility further covers signal connections, board-to-board solutions and bus bars. Working with CAD tools to create cable assembly drawings as well as building up prototypes and performing tests (e.g. pull out forces and microsections) will be part of your daily business. You will work on making our products better by
- defining electrical interconnections together with an interdisciplinary team
- selecting wires, cables and connectors in alignment with internal requirements and applicable standards
- creating cable assembly drawings and being point of contact for related matters
- building and developing high quality suppliers together with the operations team
- building up prototypes and performing test and validation
- You have a degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or similar
- You gained several years of relevant work experience in product development
- You have a broad technical knowledge of cables, connectors, electrical contacts etc.
- You are experienced in CAD and PLM tools (SolidWorks and Arena are a plus)
- You bring knowledge in building prototypes of cable assemblies
- You have a good command of English and German
What we offer
As an employer, it is important for us to provide our employees with freedom and resources to give them maximum influence on the success of the team and the company. In particular, you can
- shape the company by contributing with your individual strengths and ideas.
- grow your skills within a world-class team.
- see how a vision becomes reality.
- benefit from a family-friendly work environment and take control of your workday.
At instagrid, we are deeply committed to equal employment opportunities as we believe in the power of diverse teams. We do not just accept diversity but actively search for the best talent regardless of gender, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, place of origin, or disabilities. Working as a team, we treat each other with respect and value each other’s opinions to achieve our common goals.
Sounds like you? We are looking forward to receiving your application!