Head of Legal & Contracts (f/m/d)
RemoteLudwigsburg, Baden-Württemberg, GermanyLegal & Contracts @instagrid
🚀 We are growing. Are you growing with us?
At instagrid, we work together to make the world a little better. We have a strong, innovative product, a motivated team and a clear vision. What we are missing? YOU! To continue our success story, we are looking for a Head of Legal (f/m/d) to help instagrid transition from our current fast growth SME state to a fully scaled up global business.
Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, you are responsible for providing legal advice and guidance to senior management and business units (EU, UK and US businesses), and to ensure that the company complies with all relevant laws and regulations. This role will lead a team of legal professionals ensuring that they are well-equipped to deliver a high-quality legal service to the business. You will provide guidance, support, and mentorship to the legal team, steering the team to achieve short and longer-term goals. As in-house counsel, your role will be varied and will continually evolve as the business develops. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Adapt and monitor the legal strategies that support the company's objectives and help to manage legal risk
- Successfully identify, manage and mitigate legal risks, and provide robust legal advice to the business, inclusive of the executives and the board when appropriate
- Report on legal activities, risks and litigation; ensure the appropriate legal reporting tools across the contract and legal functions are suitable and kept up to date, working with the international teams to ensure organization-wide consistency, including the set up of the company’s contract management system
- Review, draft, negotiate and prepare template agreements across multiple areas of the business, keeping under regular review to ensure compliance with applicable law
- Prepare appropriate frameworks and documentation to support partnerships and joint ventures
- Support corporate governance and regulatory compliance, including intellectual property, data protection and modern slavery requirements
- Oversee and work with external legal advisors on financing transactions from time to time; and ensure compliance with any current financing obligations
- Qualified Solicitor (or equivalent) with a valid practicing certificate, with experience of multi-jurisdictional contracts, alongside substantial experience in-house or have equivalent relevant experience
- Demonstrable track record of supervision and legal advice, and of leading through others and developing high performing teams
- Excellent knowledge of commercial and contract law, and excellent drafting skills
- Experience of operating at a senior level with demonstrable ability to gain trust and credibility across peers and stakeholders quickly
- Able to translate complex legal and compliance requirements into practical workable solutions for the business
- Strong analytical mind-set and commercial acumen with the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment and adapt to business requirements
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, quickly find solutions and to focus on critical issues when independent decision making is required
- You have excellent written and spoken German & English skills
What we offer
As an employer, it is important for us to provide our employees with freedom and resources to give them maximum influence on the success of the team and the company. In particular, you can
- shape the company by contributing with your individual strengths and ideas.
- grow your skills within a world-class team.
- see how a vision becomes reality.
- benefit from a family-friendly work environment and take control of your workday.
At instagrid, we are deeply committed to equal employment opportunities as we believe in the power of diverse teams. We do not just accept diversity but actively search for the best talent regardless of gender,race, age, religion, sexual orientation, place of origin, or disabilities. Working as a team, we treat each other with respect and value each other’s opinions to achieve our common goals.
Sounds like you? We are looking forward to receiving your application!