Team Lead Mechanics (f/m/d)
Ludwigsburg, Baden-Württemberg, GermanyEngineering @instagrid
We create impact - as the Team Lead Mechanics (f/m/d) you will lead our mechanical team to develop cutting-edge ideas at the forefront of battery technology. In collaboration with your peers in product management, electrical engineering, design, and others, you work on state-of-the-art products with end-to-end responsibility from the initial idea through putting new designs into reality. Your proven expertise in mechanical engineering, as well as your leadership experience, will support you in delighting our customers with category-defining products. Be a part of developing innovative battery technology by
- leading and developing the mechanical team, fostering and providing a productive work environment
- planning and providing the structure, tech stack, and methods to serve all projects with high-quality
- collaborating in cross-functional teams to achieve product excellence by seamless integration of the mechanical components into our products
- using your and your team's expertise to find creative and innovative solutions for complex mechanical challenges
- facilitating fast execution by implementing a lean process landscape from prototyping to compliance with regulatory standards
- providing comprehensive documentation and communicating with suppliers to source high-quality components for our products
- You earned a degree in mechanical engineering or a similar field and gained at least 5 years of experience in mechanical development, preferably in consumer products or battery systems
- You already demonstrated outstanding leadership and collaboration skills in various cases
- You work solution-oriented and use your analytical skills to tackle problems
- You have in-depth knowledge of mechanical design principles, material and manufacturing processes (DFM, DFA), and sound experience in CAD (SolidWorks is a plus), PDM, PLM, and simulations (e.g. CFD, FEM)
- Knowledge of Li-ion battery development, as well as their regulation and safety standards, is a clear plus
- You have excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written. German is a plus
What we offer
As an employer, it is important for us to provide our employees with freedom and resources to give them maximum influence on the success of the team and the company. In particular, you can
- shape the company by contributing with your individual strengths and ideas.
- grow your skills within a world-class team.
- see how a vision becomes reality.
- benefit from a family-friendly work environment and take control of your workday.
At instagrid, we are deeply committed to equal employment opportunities as we believe in the power of diverse teams. We do not just accept diversity but actively search for the best talent regardless of gender, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, place of origin, or disabilities. Working as a team, we treat each other with respect and value each other’s opinions to achieve our common goals.
Sounds like you? We are looking forward to receiving your application!